Tags: access, base, clickingona, database, desktop, functional, icon, knowlege, launch, microsoft, mysql, oracle, searched, sql, switchboard

Launch switchboard from desktop icon

2,367 words with 4 Comments; publish: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:55:00 GMT; (25092.77, « »)

Is it possible to launch a functional Access 2000 db switchboard by clicking

on

a desktop icon? I have searched the Microsoft Knowlege Base but, apparently

I'm not

phrasing my search in the correct terms. Many thanks for any assistance.

• set the switchboard as your startup form or create an AutoExec macro

that opens it. Can't remember if you can set it with prefs in 2000. I

think so, though

#1; Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:56:00 GMT
    • On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:58:43 GMT, blagdam wrote:

> Is it possible to launch a functional Access 2000 db switchboard by clicking

> on

> a desktop icon? I have searched the Microsoft Knowlege Base but, apparently

> I'm not

> phrasing my search in the correct terms. Many thanks for any assistance.

Sure.

On the database main folder, right-click on the switchboard's name.

Select Create Shortcut.

Place the shortcut on the desktop (or wherever else you want it).

When you click it, it will open the database and display the

switchboard.

Why not just make the switchboard open using the database Tools +

Startup menu?

Fred

Please respond only to this newsgroup.

I do not reply to personal e-mail

#2; Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:57:00 GMT
    • In message <7ePbf.5441$2y.893.ms-access.todaysummary.com.newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net >, blagdam

<blagdam.ms-access.todaysummary.com.mindspring.com> writes

>Is it possible to launch a functional Access 2000 db switchboard by clicking

>on

>a desktop icon? I have searched the Microsoft Knowlege Base but, apparently

>I'm not

>phrasing my search in the correct terms. Many thanks for any assistance.

You can set the switchboard as the startup form in your database. Then

create a desktop shortcut to the database file. Double-clicking on that

will start Access and load the database, which will then open the

switchboard.

Bernard Peek

London, UK. DBA, Manager, Trainer & Author.

#3; Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:58:00 GMT

"blagdam" <blagdam.ms-access.todaysummary.com.mindspring.com> wrote in message

news:7ePbf.5441$2y.893.ms-access.todaysummary.com.newsread2.news.atl.earthlin k.net...

> Is it possible to launch a functional Access 2000 db switchboard by

> clicking on

> a desktop icon? I have searched the Microsoft Knowlege Base but,

> apparently I'm not

> phrasing my search in the correct terms. Many thanks for any assistance.

#4; Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:59:00 GMT