Tags: access, database, dates, due, field, microsoft, mysql, notification, oracle, outlook, outlooktrack, sql

notification of due dates for access using outlook

On Database » Microsoft Access

5,057 words with 3 Comments; publish: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:04:00 GMT; (250125.00, « »)

Can anyone help me with? I have a database that I would like to have outlook

track some information for me. In my database there is a field with a date

due. I would like for this date to be linked to outlook through either tasks

or the calendar. I wold like to have outlook inform me that this date is

either past due or is coming due with in 30 days. Right now I have to

manually track this information. If this is possible can anyone help.

Thanks,

All Comments

Leave a comment...

  • 3 Comments
    • Hi Ron,

      Try this sample:

      ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Add Appointments to Microsoft Outlook

      http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209963

      Although the title indicates Access 2000, it should work for later versions

      as well.

      If my answer has helped you, please answer yes to the question that reads

      "Did this post answer the question?" at the bottom of the message thread.

      Tom

      http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/ex...tributors.html

      __________________________________________

      "Ron" wrote:

      Can anyone help me with? I have a database that I would like to have outlook

      track some information for me. In my database there is a field with a date

      due. I would like for this date to be linked to outlook through either tasks

      or the calendar. I wold like to have outlook inform me that this date is

      either past due or is coming due with in 30 days. Right now I have to

      manually track this information. If this is possible can anyone help.

      Thanks

      #1; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:05:00 GMT
    • This is exactly what I need to do, only I need to create Outlook Tasks. Can

      you give a hand with this?

      Bill

      "Tom Wickerath" wrote:

      > Hi Ron,

      > Try this sample:

      > ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Add Appointments to Microsoft Outlook

      > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209963

      > Although the title indicates Access 2000, it should work for later versions

      > as well.

      > If my answer has helped you, please answer yes to the question that reads

      > "Did this post answer the question?" at the bottom of the message thread.

      >

      > Tom

      > http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/ex...tributors.html

      > __________________________________________

      > "Ron" wrote:

      > Can anyone help me with? I have a database that I would like to have outlook

      > track some information for me. In my database there is a field with a date

      > due. I would like for this date to be linked to outlook through either tasks

      > or the calendar. I wold like to have outlook inform me that this date is

      > either past due or is coming due with in 30 days. Right now I have to

      > manually track this information. If this is possible can anyone help.

      > Thanks

      #2; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:06:00 GMT
    • Hi Bill,

      Try this sample:

      ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Add a Task or a Reminder to Microsoft

      Outlook

      http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209932

      Although the title indicates Access 2000, it should work for later versions

      as well.

      Tom

      http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/ex...tributors.html

      __________________________________________

      "Bill" wrote:

      This is exactly what I need to do, only I need to create Outlook Tasks. Can

      you give a hand with this?

      Bill

      __________________________________________

      "Tom Wickerath" wrote:

      Hi Ron,

      Try this sample:

      ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Add Appointments to Microsoft Outlook

      http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209963

      Although the title indicates Access 2000, it should work for later versions

      as well.

      If my answer has helped you, please answer yes to the question that reads

      "Did this post answer the question?" at the bottom of the message thread.

      Tom

      http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/ex...tributors.html

      __________________________________________

      "Ron" wrote:

      Can anyone help me with? I have a database that I would like to have outlook

      track some information for me. In my database there is a field with a date

      due. I would like for this date to be linked to outlook through either tasks

      or the calendar. I wold like to have outlook inform me that this date is

      either past due or is coming due with in 30 days. Right now I have to

      manually track this information. If this is possible can anyone help.

      Thanks

      #3; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:07:00 GMT