Tags: access, cemetery, crazyas, database, everybody, local, mainly, microsoft, mysql, oracle, project, reasonable, sql

Project a Cemetery Database

13,997 words with 8 Comments; publish: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:46:00 GMT; (250218.75, « »)

Hello to everybody,

I am trying to project a database for a local cemetery, but I am almost crazy

as I am not able to get a reasonable result mainly for my difficulties with

databases. So far everything is register with many Word files. (I am fairly

new with Access).

I start also to read Microsoft Access 2003 Inside out, but I need to many

mental adjustemt to fully understand how a database work.

I try to explain where I am:

TblNiche

AssignmentsID

CellID

FamilyVaultID

Name (of defunct)

BirthDate

DeadDate

My problem is how to relate the table and how to put all together in a form

or with tab control (plus subform)

In addition for each niche, the "FamilyVault" has 2 or 3 name. Each name has

up to to 6/7 family component. And I don't know how to buil the relevant

table and relate with the others.

I can send what I have done so far, but without success.

Thanks for your help and time that I appreciate since now.

Kind Regards

John

Message posted via droptable.com

• It would help to know how your terms relate to each other. It looks like

several Cells form a Niche, and several Niches form a Family Vault. Is this

true? Is there one person per Cell, or several persons per cell?

"JohnB762 via droptable.com" wrote:

> Hello to everybody,

> I am trying to project a database for a local cemetery, but I am almost crazy

> as I am not able to get a reasonable result mainly for my difficulties with

> databases. So far everything is register with many Word files. (I am fairly

> new with Access).

> I start also to read Microsoft Access 2003 Inside out, but I need to many

> mental adjustemt to fully understand how a database work.

> I try to explain where I am:

> CellID

> FamilyVaultID

> Name (of defunct)

> BirthDate

> DeadDate

> My problem is how to relate the table and how to put all together in a form

> or with tab control (plus subform)

> In addition for each niche, the "FamilyVault" has 2 or 3 name. Each name has

> up to to 6/7 family component. And I don't know how to buil the relevant

> table and relate with the others.

> I can send what I have done so far, but without success.

> Thanks for your help and time that I appreciate since now.

> Kind Regards

> John

> --

> Message posted via droptable.com

> http://www.droptable.com/Uwe/Forums...esign/200603/1

#1; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:47:00 GMT
    • Another question: How do you want to 'mine' this information? Will you want

to look at everyone in a family vault, a niche, a cell? Your end result

should be a large part of how to set up the tables.

"JohnB762 via droptable.com" wrote:

> Hello to everybody,

> I am trying to project a database for a local cemetery, but I am almost crazy

> as I am not able to get a reasonable result mainly for my difficulties with

> databases. So far everything is register with many Word files. (I am fairly

> new with Access).

> I start also to read Microsoft Access 2003 Inside out, but I need to many

> mental adjustemt to fully understand how a database work.

> I try to explain where I am:

> CellID

> FamilyVaultID

> Name (of defunct)

> BirthDate

> DeadDate

> My problem is how to relate the table and how to put all together in a form

> or with tab control (plus subform)

> In addition for each niche, the "FamilyVault" has 2 or 3 name. Each name has

> up to to 6/7 family component. And I don't know how to buil the relevant

> table and relate with the others.

> I can send what I have done so far, but without success.

> Thanks for your help and time that I appreciate since now.

> Kind Regards

|-Family Vault |--Family Vault |- Family Vault |

| A | B | C |

| Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

| Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

| Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

| Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

I don't know if I have been clear enough. I hopo so.

Thanks again for your interests and help.

Regards

FamilyVaultID

tbl_RestingPlaces

RestingPlaceID (PK)

RestingPlaceInfo

DefunctID

CellID

This allows you to assign more than one defunct to a cell (in

tbl_RestingPlaces). Each cell is associated with a niche and, optionally, a

family vault (in tbl_Cells). Let me know if this looks feasible.

"John" wrote:

> Hello, and thaks for your interests

> Your first question:

> "It would help to know how your terms relate to each other. It looks like

> several Cells form a Niche, and several Niches form a Family Vault. Is this

> true? =>The Niche is formed:

> - from several Cell, (like a table of 5 rows by 4 column) see below scheme

> - plus a Family Vault (like a table of 6 rows and 3 colum) see below scheme

> Is there one person per Cell, or several persons per cell? Yes, max 2

> The second question

> How do you want to 'mine' this information? Will you want

> to look at everyone in a family vault, a niche, a cell? Your end result

> should be a large part of how to set up the tables

> => well, if possibile I would like to "mine" everyone in a cell for the

> defunct not in a Family Vaul and as a group for the other part of the Family

> Vault

> NICHE 1

> | Name 1 | Name 6 | Name 11 | Name 16|

> | ................................... ...... ...|

> |................................... ........ ..|

> |.................................. ......... ..|

> | Name 5| Name 10 | Name 15 | Name 20|

> |-Family Vault |--Family Vault |- Family Vault |

> | A | B | C |

> | Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

> | Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

> | Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

> | Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

> I don't know if I have been clear enough. I hopo so.

> Thanks again for your interests and help.

> Regards

|-Family Vault |--Family Vault |- Family Vault |

| A | B | C |

| Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

| Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

| Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

| Fam. member | Fam. member | empty |

I don't know if I have been clear enough. I hopo so.

Thanks again for your interests and help.

Regards

John

#5; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:51:00 GMT
    • First of all many many thanks for your time and cooperation.

I apologize for the double post, but I was unable to see any message for few

hours.

On more question, If am I allowed to ask,. Would you be so kind to help me

to build also the form?

I think the main form is based on the tbl_Defunct, but what about the other

infos?

I mean should I built combo based on the query ot the tbl_Niches,

tbl_FamlilyVaults, tbl_Cells and tbl_RestingPlaces?

And consequently add the fields to the tbl_Defunct if I want to store the

data in the record to fill correctly the database.

Again, thanks for all your support.

Regards

gbianchi

news:8BBE27AF-614A-48F6-A623-665CC3CDEAC2.ms-access.todaysummary.com.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]

> tbl_Niches

> FamilyVaultID

> tbl_RestingPlaces

> RestingPlaceID (PK)

> RestingPlaceInfo

> DefunctID

> CellID

> This allows you to assign more than one defunct to a cell (in

> tbl_RestingPlaces). Each cell is associated with a niche and, optionally,

> a

> family vault (in tbl_Cells). Let me know if this looks feasible.

> "John" wrote:

#6; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:52:00 GMT
    • You need to build a query. Start with tbl_RestingPlaces, using all the

fields. Add all fields from tbl_Defunct except for DefunctID. Add all

fields from tbl_Cells except for CellID. Add all fields from tbl_Niches

except for NicheID. Add all fields from tbl_FamilyVaults except for

FamilyVaultID. Finish the query. Now start to create a form using the

wizard. Choose the query you have just made. When it asks you how you want

to view data, there should be five choices. These five choices give you the

ability to view information in a variety of ways. Most of these choices will

give you one or two subforms. If you select one with subforms, you can go in

later and modify the subform to better fit how you want to look at the data.

I would suggest using this same query to create several forms, using names

for the forms and subforms to indicate how the data is being presented, so

you can tell the difference between them.

"John" wrote:

> First of all many many thanks for your time and cooperation.

> I apologize for the double post, but I was unable to see any message for few

> hours.

> On more question, If am I allowed to ask,. Would you be so kind to help me

> to build also the form?

> I think the main form is based on the tbl_Defunct, but what about the other

> infos?

> I mean should I built combo based on the query ot the tbl_Niches,

> tbl_FamlilyVaults, tbl_Cells and tbl_RestingPlaces?

> And consequently add the fields to the tbl_Defunct if I want to store the

> data in the record to fill correctly the database.

> Again, thanks for all your support.

> Regards

> gbianchi

> "mnature" <mnature.ms-access.todaysummary.com.discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> news:8BBE27AF-614A-48F6-A623-665CC3CDEAC2.ms-access.todaysummary.com.microsoft.com...

#7; Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:53:00 GMT
    • Dear "mnature",

I really don't know how to THANK YOU for your help, support, and explanation

of the project.

Everything now, is fine and again thank you very much.

Regards