Tags: access, adding, column, couonter, database, delimited, example, file, import, importing, microsoft, mysql, oracle, order, sql, txt, wrong
wrong column order after import txt file to Access 2007
After importing a txt delimited file into Access 2007 with adding Couonter
there is a problem with column order. For example in txt file:
in new Access table are 4 columns:
I need the same column order!
("1" is a Counter and I also need it in the first column not next to the last)
Can anyone help me?
Leave a comment...
- 8 Comments
- Hi, haniss.
Column order is an issue of table/query layout, you don't need to do anything with import itself. If you want different column order, then just drag-n-drop column to an appropriate position and save table/query layout.
Good luck.#1; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:19:00 GMT
- Column order is very important for me, because after some operations with
data in access, I export data back to txt file and I need the same column
order for the other software. Yes, I can do it via query, but I have 125 and
Before Access 2007 I used Access 2000. There was everything O.K.
H.#2; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:20:00 GMT
- Please, post how do you perform the import.#3; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:21:00 GMT
- I import txt files simply by the wizard in MS Access 2007.
H.#4; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:22:00 GMT
Do you add records to an existing table or make new?#5; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:24:00 GMT
- I make new table. H.#6; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:24:00 GMT
- Hi, haniss.
I have Access 2003, so details may differ.
When import text file click button [Advanced...]. It will open dialog where you can change fields' order (as well as many other things). Save the import specification ([Save as ...]). Now you'll be able to import files with the saved specification choosing it from the same dialog window ([Specs...]).#7; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:26:00 GMT
- I discovered, that this problem occur only if I add counter. If I import txt file without adding counter, everything is O.K. I can add counter to the new table after importing. H.#8; Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:27:00 GMT